To start collecting social registrations with Apple Music, you need to get your Apple Music app up and running. Read our step-by-step instructions to find out how.
Create Your App on Apple Music
1. Head over to the Apple developer site and log in.
2. Navigate to the Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles page, then click Identifiers in the left-hand menu.
If you have already created App IDs, they will be listed on this page.
3. Click the blue plus button next to the Identifiers title or the blue Register an App ID button.
4. On the Register a new identifier page choose Media IDs, then fill out the description and identifier for your Media ID. Enable MusicKit, then click the blue Continue button in the upper right.
After making sure your details are correct, click on Register to continue.
5. Navigate to the Keys page by clicking the link in the left-hand menu. Click the blue plus button next to the Keys title or the blue Create a key button.
6. Name your key, then enable Media Services (MusicKit, ShazamKit). You'll need to associate the Media ID we created earlier with this service before continuing, so click the white Configure button.
7. Select the Media ID you created from the drop down menu. Click the blue Save button in the top right to continue.
You'll be taken back to the previous page where you can click the Continue button in the top right to proceed.
8. Check to ensure all your information is correct, then click Register. Take note of your Key ID. If you're ready to download the key, click the blue Download button in the top right.
You can only download your key once. To download it later, click the Done button in the top right.
If you click Done, you can download your key by navigating back to the Keys page, selecting the key you want to download and clicking the blue Download button in the upper right.
9. You will also need your Team ID, which you will find in the Membership tab of your developer account.
Setup Your Apple Music App in AE
1. Sign into your AE Dashboard, and click AE Connect in the upper right. Click the Apple Music icon.
2. Enter your Key ID and Team ID into the fields provided, then click the Activate App button.
3. You can see that Apple Music is now live with AE, but there's one final step. Click the Apple Music icon, and select Advanced Settings at the top of the pop-up window.
4. Copy and paste the private key from the .p8 txt file you downloaded earlier into the API Private Key field. Click the Save Changes button.
5. High five!
You've connected Apple Music to AE.
Connect other social networks:
Or choose from the full list.
If you are ready, install AE Connect, our social login solution, into your website.