[Note]: Reddit are now charging for api access regardless of usage levels so please take this into account when setting up your Reddit application.
To start collecting social registrations with Reddit you need to get your Reddit app up and running. Here's how:
Create Your App on Reddit
1. Sign into Reddit at the Reddit Apps site
2. Click on the create another app... button
3. Fill in your app details
Don't worry about writing a very detailed description, something like "I am creating an app so that I can monitor fans/customers across social networks," should do fine.
Where it requests a Callback URL, paste the following: https://theappreciationengine.com/RedditAuthenticator_Controller
If you're on a custom AE Enterprise plan you'll have a custom domain. Make sure to add it in front. E.g.https://sony.theappreciationengine.com/RedditAuthenticator_Controller
Fill in your details and press the Create app button.
4. Successfully registered!
You'll get a message you've been successful and your new app details will appear below.
Setup Your Reddit App on AE
1. Go back to your AE dashboard tab
If you're using the walkthrough, skip ahead to step #13. If you don't have AE open already, open a new tab and log into your AE dashboard account. Click on AE Connect from the AE header.
2. In the "Connect Your Social Apps" section, select the Reddit icon
3. Copy your Client ID and Secret over to the AE window and press the Activate service button
4. You can see your Reddit app is live with AE
Connect other social networks:
Or choose from the full list.
If you are ready, install AE Connect, our social login solution, into your website.