Here's how to setup AE Connect on your Wix website.
This is to register users to AE Connect so you can use our functionality such as tracking and emails. It does not create a database on your Wix where users can create their own full profile.
1. On your Wix editor at the top, click "Code", then "Turn On Developer Tools"
2. Click the "Add" button on the veritcal row of icons. Select "More" and then "HTML iframe".
3. A gray box should pop up. Click "Enter Code".
4. Here there will be three pieces of code you will enter (instructions: Installing AE Connect):
- The HTML
5. Click “Apply”.
Now it should show your HTML (for example: "Register with Spotify". Move this box to wherever you want on the page.
6. Click “Publish” at the top-right to save and update your website.
7. Add the URL of this HTML iframe to your allowlist on AE (rather than your website's general HTML).
This URL will be https://mytestsite-wixsite-com.filesusr.com (Replace the mytestsite bit with the first part of your live Wix page url. For example, if your website is https://mytestsite.wixsite.com, you want mytestsite.)
8. Add an event to give your members an indication that their registration was successful.
One way to do this is to redirect to a page, such as a “thank you” page.
Make sure to follow best practices regarding email collection, user opt-ins, and spam.