Creating an Instagram Application
To start collecting social registrations with Instagram, you need to get your Instagram app up and running. Here's how:
1. Log in to Instagram at the developer site.
2. Fill in your details.
3. Click on "Manage Clients", then press the "Register a New Client" button.
4. Fill in your app details.
This is pretty straightforward. The only field you need to fill in for AE is Valid redirect URIs. Add in: https://theappreciationengine.com/InstagramAuthenticator_Controller
*If you're on a custom AE Enterprise plan you'll have a custom domain. Make sure to add it in front. - E.g. https://snapit.theappreciationengine.com/InstagramAuthenticator_Controller
5. Successfully registered!
You'll get a message you've been successful and your new app details will appear below.
6. Click on the "Manage" button to see your Client ID and Secret.
7. In another tab, log in to your AE account.
Click on "Application" from the AE header.
8. Click on the "Edit" button.
9. Select the Instagram icon.
10. Copy your Client ID and Secret into the "Key" and "Secret" fields, respectively, on the AE window and hit "Activate Service".
11. You can see your Instagram app is live with AE.
12. High five! You've connected Instagram with AE.
13. Don't forget to put it live, when you're ready.
By default, your Instagram app is created in Sandbox Mode so you can test. When you're ready to go live, you need to remember to login back in to Instagram and go to the Permissions tab. From there click the button "Start a submission".