Creating a TikTok app
To start collecting social registrations with TikTok, you need to get your TikTok app up and running. Watch the video or read our step-by-step instructions to find out how.
1. Head over to the TikTok developer site and log in or create an account.
2. Click on My apps, found in the top right. Then click "Connect a new app".
3. Add your app name and an icon in the popup that follows.
4. Fill out the basic info form that follows then continue to platform info.
Platform should be set to "Web"
In the Platform Info section set your callback url as "https://theappreciationengine.com/TikTokAuthenticator_Controller"
and the redirect domain to "theappreciationengine.com" (make sure to leave the "https://" off this one).
If you're on a custom AE Enterprise plan, you'll have a custom domain. Paste that into these fields instead. E.g. https://nike.theappreciationengine.com/TikTokAuthenticator_Controller
5. For permissions you'll need user.info.basic and video.list.
6. Upon clicking "Submit" your app will be submitted for review. The review process can take a few days.
7. Once approved you'll be presented with a Client Key and a Client Secret.
8. Now, go back to your AE dashboard tab.
If you don't already have AE open, go to another tab and log into your AE dashboard account.
Click on AE Connect from the AE header.
9. In the Connect Your Social Apps section, select the TikTok icon
10. Paste your Client ID and Client Secret into the AE window and press Activate App.
11. You can now see that your TikTok app is live with AE.
12. High five!
You've connected TikTok to AE.
Connect other social networks:
Or choose from the full list.
If you are ready, integrate AE Connect, our social login solution, into your website.