Creating a Spotify Application
To start collecting social registrations with Spotify, you need to get your Spotify app up and running. Watch the video or read our step-by-step instructions to find out how.
1. Head over to the Spotify Developer site
It'll redirect you to their beta version via the Check It Out button. If you prefer, you can return to the older version of the site by clicking the link they'll provide in the orange bar at the top of the page. It's pretty similar, but just note that our screenshots will use the beta.
2. Click Create an App
3. Fill in the fields it asks for and press the Next button
4. Answer the question about your app
a) If you chose no, you'll have to check a couple boxes agreeing to some terms.
b) If you chose yes, you'll have to provide some more information about your app.
You'll be notified that your app was successfully created and you'll see this screen. But we're not quite done yet. Click Edit Settings.
6. Fill in your app details
This is pretty straightforward.
There are TWO fields you need to fill in for AE.
Then click the green Add button next to the field.
If you've clicked the green Add button once you enter your Redirect URIs field, the URL should appear in green as above.
That means you're good to go! Scroll down and hit Save.
7. Show your Secret
8. Open another tab and log into your AE dashboard account
Click on Applications from the AE header.
9. Click on the Edit button
10. Select the Spotify icon
11. Paste your Client ID (a.k.a. Key) and Secret into the AE window and press Activate service
12. You can see your Spotify app is live with AE
13. High five!
You've connected Spotify to AE.