Adding AE Connect to your Squarespace Website
This doc is all about getting AE Connect set up on Squarespace.
Ready? Let’s go!
1. Start by logging into your dashboard and clicking on AE Connect, located on the top right menu bar.
Then click "Install AE Connect" followed by "Install Manually."
2. Whitelist the domain of the site where the code will be embedded.
Head over to the Privacy & Permissions tab and then add in your Squarespace website's URL.
3. Next, head over to your Squarespace website.
Log in and go to: Settings --> Advanced --> Code Injection
Simply copy and paste the code from Steps 2 and 3 in the Manual Installation instructions.
5. Now navigate to where you want AE Connect to appear on your site.
Hover over the page content and click "Edit" on the Squarespace hover popup. Click the "+" on the right hand side of the grey bar.
6. Click on “Code.”
7. Paste your custom HTML here.
This is where you decide what Social Login options you want to offer and how you want them styled.
You can link to each of your login services with AE JS Data Tags.
Here is an example that opens a popup window with links to all your connected services (uses the
data-ae-return Data Tags):
Here is an example that creates a menu with register links for specific services (uses the
data-ae-register-link Data Tag):
Register with Facebook
Register with Spotify
Register with Instagram