Set Up: Tracking Your Brands' Social App
AE's secret sauce is our ability to track user behavior on social networks as it relates to the brands you care about.
Our behavioral analytics tracking gives you real-time insight into how your customers are engaging with you.
Once you've created and added your social applications, you'll need to let AE know which brands you want to track.
See your Brands
Once you sign up, you'll automatically have one brand added to your account. This is known as your "Umbrella" brand. All subsequent brands will be added as children of this one. Selecting this brand in the brand selector is equivalent to monitoring "All Brand Activity" on your dashboard.
To see your brands, just click "Brands," located by the globe on the top left of the dashboard.
This will cause the Brands Sidebar to pop out. From here, select a brand from the list.
Once the page has reloaded, click the "Edit Brand" button (located under the brand's name).
Add Social Services to a Brand
The more service URLs you add here, the more data we can track against your brand. Where possible, we then use this URL to look up the brand's ID on that service.
You can then also add custom actions to track. In the Twitter example, this could include things like tweeting using a certain link or hashtag and so on.
You can see a full list of the social activities we track by default, or read more on custom tracking at our support site.
The Appreciation Engine brand object accepts the following social network URLs
- Facebook URL in the format https://www.facebook.com/BrandName, http://facebook.com/[FacebookID] or the old format https://www.facebook.com/pages/[BrandName]/[PageID]. The URL must belong to a Facebook page, not a Facebook personal profile or group.
- Twitter URL in the format https://twitter.com/BrandName
- YouTube URL in the format https://www.youtube.com/user/BrandName or https://www.youtube.com/channel/[ChannelID]
- Instagram URL in the format https://instagram.com/BrandName
- Apple Music URL in the format https://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/artist-name/12345
- Tumblr URL in the format http://brandname.tumblr.com/
- Spotify artist URL in the format https://open.spotify.com/artist/[SpotifyID]
- Spotify user URL in the format https://open.spotify.com/user/username
- Soundcloud URL in the format https://soundcloud.com/brandname
- Deezer artist URL in the format http://www.deezer.com/artist/12345
- Deezer user URL in the format http://www.deezer.com/profile/12345
- Napster artist URL in the format https://app.napster.com/artist/artist-name
- Napster user URL in the format https://app.napster.com/members/username