Creating a Tumblr App
To start collecting social registrations with Tumblr, you need to get your Tumblr app up and running. Here's how:
1. Go to the Tumblr API site and click on the link register an application
2. Log in and click the +Register application button
3. Fill in your app details
Put in your business details. For your Application Description, don't worry about being too detailed. Something like "I'm creating an app to monitor my customers/fans across different social networks" should do.
Under Default Callback URL, enter: https://theappreciationengine.com/TumblrAuthenticator_Controller
4. Successfully registered!
You'll get a message saying you've been successful and your new app details will appear below. You'll see your OAuth Consumer Key. Click on the Show secret key link to see the secret key.
5. Open another tab and log into your AE dashboard account
Click on AE Connect from the AE header.
In the Connect Your Social Apps section, select the Tumblr icon
7. Copy your OAuth Consumer Key and Secret Key into the AE window and press the Activate service button
8. You can see your Tumblr app is live with AE
9. High five!
You've connected Tumblr to AE.
Connect other social networks:
Or choose from the full list.
If you are ready, integrate AE Connect, our social login solution, into your website.