Creating a Tumblr Application
To start collecting social registrations with Tumblr, you need to get your Tumblr app up and running. Here's how:
1. Go to the Tumblr API site and click on the link register an application
2. Log in and click the +Register application button
3. Fill in your app details
Put in your business details.
Under Default Callback URL, enter: https://theappreciationengine.com/TumblrAuthenticator_Controller
4. Successfully registered!
You'll get a message saying you've been successful and your new app details will appear below. You'll see your Key and just click on the Show secret key link to see the Secret.
5. Open another tab and log into your AE dashboard account
Click on AE Connect from the AE header.
6. Click on the Edit button
7. Select the Tumblr icon
8. Copy your Key and Secret into the AE window and press the Activate service button
9. You can see your Tumblr app is live with AE
10. High five!
You've connected Tumblr to AE.