Creating a Foursquare App
To start collecting social registrations with Foursquare, you need to get your Foursquare app up and running. Here's how:
1. Sign into Foursquare at the Developer site
2. Click on Create a new app
3. Fill in your app details
This is pretty straightforward. For your Detailed Description, don't worry about being too detailed. Something like "I'm creating an app to monitor my customers/fans across different social networks" should do.
The only field you need to fill in for AE is Redirect URI.
Add in: https://theappreciationengine.com/FoursquareAuthenticator_Controller
Fill in your details and press the Save changes button.
The page will reload and you'll see your app on the page with the client ID and secret.
5. Go back to your AE dashboard tab
If you don't have AE open already, go to another tab and log into your AE dashboard account.
Click on AE Connect from the AE header.
In the Connect Your Social Apps section, select the Foursquare icon
7. Copy your Client ID and Secret into the AE window and press the Activate service button
8. You can see your Foursquare app is live with AE
9. High five!
You've connected Foursquare to AE.