Creating an Instagram Application
To start collecting social registrations with Instagram, you need to get your Instagram app up and running. Here's how:
1. Log into Instagram at the Developer site
2. Fill in your details
3. Click on Manage Clients, then press the Register a New Client button
4. Fill in your app details
This is pretty straightforward.
The only field you need to fill in for AE is Valid redirect URIs.
5. Successfully registered!
You'll get a message you've been successful and your new app details will appear below.
6. Click on the Manage button to see your Client ID and Client Secret
7. Open another tab and log into your AE dashboard account
Click on Applications from the AE header.
8. Click on the Edit button
9. Select the Instagram icon
10. Paste your Client ID (a.k.a. Key) and Secret into the AE window
Then hit Activate Service.
11. You can see your Instagram app is live with AE
12. High five!
You've connected Instagram to AE.
13. Don't forget to put it live when you're ready
By default, your Instagram app is created in Sandbox Mode so you can test. When you're ready to go live, you need to remember to log back into Instagram and go to the Permissions tab.
From there, click the button Start a submission.