Creating a SoundCloud Application
To start collecting social registrations with SoundCloud, you need to get your SoundCloud app up and running.
It takes a couple of weeks to get an app up and running with SoundCloud, so make sure to do this service early enough.
1. Go to the SoundCloud main site
You have to create a profile for your app first. So click on Create an Account.
2. After signing up, click on the Profile link from your drop-down on the righthand side
3. Copy the URL from your browser window
This is your profile link and you'll need it for your SoundCloud App.
4. Go to the Developer site and click on Register a new app
5. Fill in the first page of the form and paste your profile URL in the first field
6. Fill in the second page with details about your business & app
7. Fill in the fields on the third screen
8. Fill in the Redirect URI field
Add in: https://theappreciationengine.com/SoundcloudAuthenticator_Controller
Click the Submit button.
9. Successfully applied!
You'll get a message you've been successful and you'll have to wait about two weeks to find out if your app is approved by SoundCloud.
10. Application approved
Once your SoundCloud app has been approved, you can log into the developer site and pick up your Client ID and Secret.
11. Open another tab and log into your AE dashboard account
Click on Applications from the AE header.
12. Click on the Edit button
13. Select the SoundCloud icon
14. Copy your Client ID (a.k.a. Key) and Secret into the AE window and press the Activate service button
15. You can see your SoundCloud app is live with AE
16. High five!
You've connected SoundCloud to AE. Now you just need to wait for approval.